Northeastern Area Sales Rep
Preferred Location: NY, NJ, CT, RI or MA
Defined Territory: PA, NY, NJ, CT, VT, RI, MA NH ME…basically PA/NJ and north
Develops and manages sales for battery/power management equipment (battery testers and battery monitoring) in critical power markets (data centers), telecommunications, and utility power distribution/generation.Drives growth by effectively selling products and related services to current stationary power customers and opportunities, while developing new business and effective sales channels, including manufacturer’s representatives, reseller/distributor networks (VARs), as well as service & installation partners.Works closely with the Regional Sales Manager in the North Region of the US and the Director of Sales, Americas, Stationary Power.
- Assist in outlining market specific sales strategies and implementing all sales related activity to achieve territory sales goals.
- Identify, target and sell direct to customers in the critical power markets, including data centers, telecommunications, utilities and stationary or industrial markets looking for a battery testing or monitoring solution.
- Develop the channels necessary to support business in these markets
- Conduct direct sales calls on stationary power OEMs, end users and specifying engineering houses
- Accurately forecasts annual, quarterly and monthly sales targets
- Provides timely and accurate sales status through the appropriate activity and opportunity reports to Stationary management
- Work with the product management team to ensure product development needs are met
- Maintain product knowledge and software abilities
- Identify and attend the appropriate industry specific conferences and trade shows
- Continue product & application training courses as required
- Bachelor degree in Business, Engineering or related field preferred;
- Minimum of 2 years field sales experience required
- Prior sales experience in AC and/or DC power applications (data center/uninterruptible power supply, telecommunications power, power utility, UPS) or other related industrial battery industry a plus;
- A good working knowledge of Microsoft Office is required