Midtronics EV/HEV Team
Embedded Platform Engineer
In the fast-growing hybrid and electric vehicle (EV) markets, Midtronics, a 30 year old company and world leader in battery management technologies, is leading the way by working closely with vehicle manufacturers to develop solutions that match the complexity of these new battery and electrical systems.
Midtronics received its first hybrid/EV-related essential tool order from General Motors to supply the SPS Programming Support Tool EL-49642 for 2-mode hybrid vehicle programming support in 2008.
In 2010, Midtronics launched the HYB-1000 -- the first Hybrid Battery System Analyzer for service technicians. Later that year, Midtronics delivered its first essential tool for an EV OEM -- the GRX-5000 EV Battery Module Diagnostic Station. The GRX-5000 enables technicians to perform cost-effective, module-level service on Li-on EV battery modules that are part of the Nissan Leaf battery pack.
The GRX-5100 EV/HEV Battery Service Tool -- the industry's first high-voltage EV/HEV vehicle battery service and de-power tool has been deployed to all Chevrolet Volt dealers. The GRX-5100 performs full lithium battery pack service, including balancing, charging in no-start situations, and full de-powering after a severe collision to a safe level for storage, recycling or shipment.
Midtronics is committed to ongoing development of innovative new hybrid and EV service solutions for charging/discharging and diagnostics of other battery modules and full packs for vehicle OEMs around the world.
We are looking for talented and motivated engineers to join our team. Successful candidates will have many of the following characteristics:
• Proven interest in advanced vehicle propulsion systems.
• Embedded C programming experience.
• Knowledge of CAN based protocols.
• BSEE or BSCE or equivalent.
• Proficiency with hardware design and debugging.
• Proficiency with laboratory tools such as oscilloscopes, logic analyzers and other instruments.
• Self-starter, self-motivated, and creative with outstanding work ethic.
• Ability to work well in a collaborative team environment.
• Quality oriented mindset.
• Strong communication skills.
**No recruiters/placement firms please. We are an EOE employer committed to workforce diversity.