Are you a Maker? Do you tinker with electronics in your spare time? Do you have an Arduino set up to water your plants, and a Raspberry PI monitor your coffee pot from the Internet? Can you bend an ARM processor to your will? Do you prefer an OS, or Bare-Metal? If you see those questions as a challenge, then you’re the kind of Embedded Engineer we are looking for. As an Sr. Platform Engineer at Midtronics, in Willowbrook IL, you’d work as part of the Platform Team designing and developing state-of-the art products, from product definition, and pilot builds in our factory, to final field launch. You may not have heard of us, but we are the global leader in innovation, and market share, in our field. Our environment encourages learning, creative thinking, and new ideas. The position will require a strong background in embedded systems, and the hardware surrounding it. This is an excellent opportunity for someone who has solid embedded system skills to develop high performance, high quality battery testing, and charging equipment.
- Develop hardware platforms for embedded battery and automotive electrical systems products.
- Explore new and innovative platforms for future products.
- Develop accurate plans and schedule estimates for projects.
- Support HW bring up.
- Work closely with SW developers to define HW and SW platforms.
- Define strategies for embedded platform re-use.
- Develop, debug, and support products through entire lifecycle.
- Support HW, application development, as well as factory operations.
- Develop creative and innovative solutions to complex problems.
- Review HW and SW designs
- Generate appropriate documentation.
- Work closely with both manufacturing and quality groups.
- Design and develop according to accepted standards, and best practices.
Desired Skills & Experience
- Bachelor’s Degree in Electrical Engineering, Computer Engineering, or equivalent.
- Minimum of 5 years of experience in embedded hardware development (if you’ve got great experience but less than 5 years, let us see your resume anyway).
- Expertise in C/C++ on embedded platforms a plus
- Expertise in design, development, and debugging of hardware for embedded systems
- Expertise in analog and digital circuit design
- Expertise in schematic capture tools